If you have to relocate, you’ll want to do all you can to make this a less stressful time. Of course, many people do see a move as being one of the top anxiety-inducing situations in life. However, you can find ways to lower the cost of your move and take advantage of making your home eco-friendlier in the process. Being aware of tips that can enable you to achieve both of these goals is sure to be ideal.
“Find ways to lower the cost
of your move and take advantage
of making your home
eco-friendlier in the process.”
Tip #1: Ask Questions
The key to getting the lowest possible rate to help you get to your new place is sure to rest in asking the right amount of questions to any professional moving company. It’s ideal to know what to expect when it comes to the cost of your move and consulting with this expert beforehand is sure to be ideal.
Listed below are some of the inquiries you may want to make:
- How much do you charge to move to your new location?
- Do you have to pay upfront for the moving costs?
- Can you get an estimated price for the entire move?
- Is it possible to save money by doing some of the work yourself?
Asking the right questions is sure to be the key in allowing this move to be less stressful and find ways to save money in the process.
Tip #2: Use Natural Lighting
When it comes to making your new home eco-friendlier, it’s ideal to think of the many ways you can make this happen. The good news for you is that when you do, you’ll be able to significantly reduce your living expenses each month when you rely more on natural lighting.
There are numerous ways you can do this and listed below are some to get you started:
- Trim the trees and bushes – You may have a lot of shrubbery around your home or trees that block the light from coming in your windows. If so, you will want to be sure to remove these.
- Clean the windows – Over time, your windows may become dirty, and it’s easy to neglect to clean these as necessary. It’s ideal to take the time to do some routine cleaning in this area.
- Add skylights – Taking time to put more areas where the sunlight can enter your home is ideal. One of the ways to do this is by putting a skylight in your house to do so.
There are sure to find some ways you can help ensure lighting is more a part of your new home than the one you currently live in and doing so can lower your energy costs.
Tip #3: Planting a Garden
Did you know one of the ideal ways for you to help make your new home more eco-friendly and save money at the same time is by planting a garden? This can be a lot of fun and allow you to enjoy some fresh foods from the garden while getting outside and enjoying the day. Some of the best foods for your body are ones you get from the garden!
Of course, you may choose to plant a box garden that can allow you to get the fruits and vegetables you want with the most ease. Studies show the low cost for investing in a garden is $207. This is certain to be low enough for you to get started on this simple task sooner rather than later. You can do this by making a short trip to your local gardening center to pick up the plants you need to get going on this fun project.
“When you do decide to move
make some changes that can help
you reduce your monthly expenses
and assist the environment
at the same time.”
Making a move to any new location is sure to be something you may not look forward to doing. However, you can make some changes when you do decide to move that can help you reduce your monthly expenses and assist the environment at the same time. Simply knowing what you should do may be the key to making this happen and allowing you to reach your destination by spending less.
Have you moved to a new home?
What are your favorite eco-friendly and money-saving tips?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.