No one wants to be less efficient. Efficiency drives profits. Getting patients in the door is a critical part of your medical practice, but keeping them happy and coming back is just as important. To keep them, you need to provide excellent care and drive outcomes.
Driving outcomes means you need to work well with your team. That entails staying in constant communication, building processes that work for everyone, and streamlining workflows.
All too often, patient outcomes are compromised by poor staff communication or coordination. To give your patients the quality of care they all deserve, everyone in your office has to be on the same page.
Every person on your team needs to understand how things work. Your front office staff, nursing staff, and team of doctors need to understand every workflow, all the way down to patient scheduling and consent forms.
Effective technology empowers care teams with the new capabilities needed to improve communication and workflows.
The benefits of effective communication filter down through every aspect of your practice. If you’re communicating effectively with your staff, triaging patients has never been easier. You’ll be able to handle more volume, which means more successful finances.
Your patients will have a seamless experience from the moment they walk through the door. They won’t get conflicting information from members of the medical staff, and they’ll have a clearer picture of their health care journey and their treatment plan when they leave.
You can even communicate clearly across separate offices so you can tag another health care professional such as a therapist if your patient is struggling with mental illness. HIPAA-compliant communications ensure that every step of your patient’s journey is secure.
You can also tag team members to send patients to the lab for testing or loop in a nurse to wrap up paperwork at the end of the office visit.
Effective Technology Solutions
With effective technology solutions, you can reach and impact your patients before they even step foot in your office.
- You can communicate with them via secure chat for non-urgent issues that don’t require them to be seen in person.
- You can allow them to schedule visits and receive automated reminders using an online portal instead of enduring long hold times on the phone.
- You can implement effective systems for handling cancellations so your front office staff is freed up to help patients face-to-face rather than being stuck answering calls all day.
- You can set up mobile patient intake processes that allow your patients to check in virtually when they arrive and to be added to the queue.
- You can handle all of the patient feedback that’s critical to making improvements and changing the way your office operates to serve patients better.
- You can build automated wait lists that manage who is next up rather than having to keep track of it in multiple systems.
Effective technology empowers you with the new capabilities you need to improve your communication and workflows. This enables your team to manage patient care with greater competency and gives your patients the outstanding experience they deserve.
Does your care team use technology to improve communication and workflows?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.