In the past, the cannabis plant was most commonly associated with recreational drug use. These days, however, many people are starting to see cannabis in a different light, and it’s all thanks to the ever-growing and evolving CBD industry.
Scientific studies and anecdotal reports from recent years have shown that CBD, also known as cannabidiol, can offer some incredible benefits to the human body and mind.
From helping cancer patients cope with their treatment to calming aggressive dogs, it seems like there are almost no limits for what CBD products can do, but there’s still a lot of confusion out there, with many people unaware of what exactly CBD is and which products they should choose.
To help you understand the CBD industry and CBD products on a deeper level, here are some straightforward answers to some of the most common questions regarding CBD products.
Confused about CBD products and benefits? Here are some straightforward answers to some of the most common questions regarding CBD products.
What Is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid. Cannabinoids are naturally-occurring chemical compounds found in cannabis sativa plants. There are more than 100 confirmed cannabinoids in total, and CBD is just one of them, but it’s one of the most potent and beneficial in the human body, according to scientific research.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD can interact with the human endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a complex, cell-signaling system in your body that has been linked to a wide range of processes, functions, and sensations. Even researchers still aren’t sure exactly how the ECS works, but they have linked it to everything from sleeping to mood, stress levels, metabolism, memory, immune response, and more.
The human body naturally produces its own endocannabinoids that bind with receptors in the ECS to trigger certain effects. It is believed that CBD isn’t technically able to bind with the receptors in the same way, but can still interact with the ECS and produce certain positive effects.
What Are the Benefits of CBD?
The benefits of CBD are numerous and varied, and studies are still ongoing to find out more about what this compound is truly capable of. Here are just a few examples of proven benefits:
- Pain relief – One of the most well-documented benefits of CBD oil and products is their ability to alleviate pain in people with chronic conditions, diseases, and disorders of all kinds.
- Stress relief – CBD oils and products have also been documented to reduce stress and anxiety in both humans and animals.
- Nausea relief – CBD can also help alleviate the sensations associated with nausea, which can massively help cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Heart and brain health – Some studies have also linked CBD to improved heart and brain health, with CBD helping to lower blood pressure and protect the brain against degeneration and damage.
Is it Dangerous?
CBD has been classified as a safe product by leading health organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO), and is recommended by medical professionals all over the world. It has no psychoactive effects and won’t get you ‘high’, nor does it have any serious side effects. The only minor side effects people have reported experiencing include tiredness, an increase in appetite, and diarrhea in some people who have sensitivities to CBD.
What Kinds of CBD Products Are There?
The CBD industry began with oils and tinctures but has grown a lot over the years to include many other types of products:
- Oils and Tinctures – Among the most popular CBD products, oils and tinctures can be taken orally and prescribed by doctors to help alleviate pain, improve mood, soothe nausea, and so on.
- Capsules – CBD can also often be found in capsule form, giving the user a different way to take it.
- Beauty Products – CBD creams and cosmetics are becoming increasingly popular too, with a growing market for these kinds of products.
- Edibles – CBD-infused foods and drinks are equally starting to become more sought-after, with examples including CBD gummies, brownies, and cold brews.
- Pet Products – There’s also a huge market for CBD pet products like treats for cats and dogs to help them with issues like anxiety, pain, and aggression.
Scientific studies and anecdotal reports have shown that CBD can offer some valuable benefits to the human body and mind.
The CBD industry can seem a little confusing for first-timers with its unique terminology and products, but it’s actually quite easy to understand once you know how. Hopefully, this small Q and A will have helped you get a better understanding of what CBD is and how it works.
Have you used CBD products?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.
“PIN & SHARE”