A countertop blender is what you need to achieve your healthy eating goals. It can help you make healthy foods like protein shakes, smoothies, and soups. Food preparation also becomes faster and more efficient because of blenders. Once you start utilizing this kitchen appliance, you’ll be surprised by its wide variety of uses.
Buying the best countertop blenders on ConsumerJar and traditional stores may sound like an effortless task. However, with the different types of blenders available and their varying features, finding the best one can be daunting. You have to be extra careful when buying a countertop blender or you could end up with something that doesn’t meet your needs or one that works poorly.
Choosing a countertop blender? Make sure to determine your main purpose and evaluate the blender’s features to decide if they matter to you or not.
This post will guide you in finding the best countertop blender to help you eat healthily.
Know What Questions To Ask Yourself
Before you start searching for a countertop blender, you have to answer the following questions for yourself:
- What’s Your Main Purpose For Buying A Blender? Are you planning to make protein shakes and smoothies? Or will you use it for crushing ice? Define what will you be using the blender for clearly.
- What Features Do You Want? Do you want a blender that allows you to heat and blend food at the same time? What is your preferred size or speed?
- What Price Point Are You Most Comfortable With? Before you search for a countertop blender, it’s essential to know the amount of money you’re willing to spend on it.
However, knowing what you want in a countertop blender is not enough; it doesn’t guarantee that you’ll find the right one. You also have to check the features of the blender and decide if they matter to you or not.
Below is a more comprehensive look at the things to look out for when searching for the best countertop blender.
Choose The Right Size
It’s essential to note that blenders vary in size. Most blenders range from 3 to 14 cups capacity. You also have to consider the storage space for where you’re going to keep the appliance. If you have limited space, you can choose a single-serve, compact countertop blender. Conversely, you can opt for a larger blender if you like preparing meals for your friends and family. A larger size blender is also ideal if you prefer advance meal preparation so you could prepare enough food for the rest of the day.
Check The Material
The materials that compose the blender should be of high-quality. The countertop blender should have a sturdy footing, so it doesn’t easily topple off the table when you blend your food.
Some countertop blenders are made of stainless steel, plastic, or glass. Other manufacturers combine the materials for its different components. If you have the budget, you can consider the more expensive yet sturdier glass or stainless steel blenders.
Look At The Blender Speed And Power
The features of the blender would be useless if the appliance lacks speed and power. Powerful blenders can grind meat, make nut butter, and crush ice—features that you would want to enjoy with your appliance.
Here are some tips when assessing the speed and power of a countertop blender:
- Speed – The ideal speed for blenders is between 3 to 10 settings. It would be difficult to control the countertop blender if the speed setting is less than three. Meanwhile, blenders with more than ten settings might be unnecessary and more expensive. For this reason, choose a blender that’s just right for your needs and budget.
- Power – If you’re only going to use the blender to make fresh fruit shakes and smoothies in the office or at home, you can go for a 500-watt power. On the other hand, if you think you’ll be needing the blender for a heavier workload, look for more powerful options.
Evaluate Functions And Attachments
Countertop blenders can have different functions and multiple attachments. Make sure that you can easily detach and replace the attachments, depending on how you’re planning to use the appliance. Evaluate and check if the attachments are sturdy and don’t easily break.
Be clear on what kind of attachments you want based on their functionalities. If you’re frequently crushing ice, then go for blenders with an ice button. Some blenders may also have small, top openings that allow you to add ingredients in small amounts while the appliance is running.
Check The Safety Features Of The Blender
Purchase a blender that’s safe to clean and store. For countertop blenders, there should be a space for cord storage to prevent the cord from getting wet. If you’re going to use a dishwasher for cleaning, check if the blender is dishwasher safe. Locks that prevent the appliance from processing without the lid on are also helpful safety features.
These tips can help you know the crucial things to consider when buying the best countertop blender. Once you’ve chosen a blender, make sure to check the warranty, in case you encounter any problems with the device. If possible, also test the blender first before taking it home to make sure that it functions as promised.
Do you use a countertop blender?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.
“PIN & SHARE”