Over the years, the trends in the world of cooking have changed. If the past trends were on purchasing a separate appliance or equipment for certain types of cooking, the recent trends have seen a change in this. Gone are the days when your kitchen is filled with so many appliances that you don’t even get to use regularly. Since the culinary world introduced its quick, one pot for all dishes, the Instant Pot, almost every kitchen enthusiast has gotten into the excitement of purchasing the same. Plus, the Instant Pot is also a very eco-friendly choice, which makes it attractive to the recent market for eco-friendly appliances.
“The Instant Pot is like a
you can use it for almost anything
— and it saves time.”
This article gives you everything you need to know about the Instant Pot before you head out and purchase it.
The basics: what is it that an Instant Pot does?
You’ve probably heard of the term Instant Pot so many times. You may have seen it while doing an Instapots web search on the Internet, or have heard other kitchen fanatics talk about the same. But you may not know precisely what it does. An Instant Pot works basically in like manner as a pressure cooker does, but has so much more features. Some of the tasks that it can accomplish include the following:
- Boiling vegetables, and other meals
- Creating soups
- Yogurt making
As you read through your manual and study even more about it from the Internet, you will discover so many more possibilities with your Instant Pot.
The pros: the price tag that comes along with the Instant Pot comes with a lot of advantages
- The whole interior of the Instant Pot is made of stainless steel. With more advancements in research and studies related to health, a lot of kitchen appliances have shifted to a stainless steel interior. This trend has sprung from consumers wanting to use any plastic or Teflon material less when they are cooking. The Instant Pot is made of mostly stainless steel, with plastic parts limited only to those that do not come into contact with the food you are trying to cook.
- The Instant Pot is like a one-stop shop: you can use it for almost anything. If you decide to purchase an Instant Pot, you will no longer have to keep and maintain numerous kitchen appliances. As a direct result, you can save up more of your kitchen space, especially if you are working on quite a limited area. Through your Instant Pot, you can replace many of your appliances such as your rice cooker, steamer, and your frying pan.
- The Instant Pot is a time-saving device. The reason why there is a decline in the number of households that cook full home-cooked meals is that there seems to be no time. Yes, cooking is a chore, and if you always start everything from scratch, doing so is going to take you so much time. The Instant Pot is not called “Instant” for no reason. Instant Pots have also been very helpful to those who make big batches of dinner once a week to put in the freezer and store. Another more pressing advantage with the Instant Pot being an all-in-one appliance that speeds up cooking time makes it an eco-saver choice. Each cooking session tends to spend less time, hence you use up less electricity as well.
The cons: the Instant Pot has its fair share of criticism, too
Let’s face it: no matter how perfect a gadget or appliance may be when advertised, there is no single ideal device in the world without any flaws. The Instant Pot has its fair share of disadvantages, too; however, users of the Instant Pot have also claimed that the advantages of owning one always overrides all the cons.
Here are some of the cons:
- The smell stays. Yes, some Instant Pot users agree that it is often hard to do a deep clean of the Instant Pot. Especially when you previously made a meal that is very strongly flavored, usually, the smell stays. The most problematic area seems to be the rubber seal around the lid, as this can hold on to the smell after you have cooked. Hence, you have to do a thorough cleaning of your Instant Pot after every use.
- The temptation to buy a second Instant Pot is real and evident. Users of the Instant Pot agree that by the time that you start enjoying your first Instant Pot, you will want to buy a second one of a different size. As you discover its advantages, and how it can help speed up the cooking process, you will want to have the Instant Pot in all its sizes. Some users even have three Instant Pots in their homes.
Just like any other kitchen appliance or equipment out there in the market, there are pros and cons to the Instant Pot as well. The bottom line really is a matter of preference or need. If you feel like the Instant Pot is that one piece of kitchen equipment that you’ve been waiting for your whole life, then, by all means, get it without hesitation. If you feel that it is not the right match for your needs, then it might be best to wait it out a little bit, for who knows what the next edition of the Instant Pot might bring.
Have you used an Instant Pot yet?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.