When I’ve waited too long to eat, feel like I’m close to starvation and there is nothing fresh, healthy, organic or edible in my kitchen, my go-to choice for fast, organic food is Organic Grill on First Avenue in the East Village. I know that I can count on them for organic, mostly vegan, American fusion dishes that are prepared in a healthy, yet tasty way.
A quick survey of their online menu, then a few keystrokes on delivery.com and my order is easily placed. Within 30 minutes, a mini-feast is in my hands and my taste buds are in paradise.
Today’s Delicious Feast
• A soul-satisfying Gluten-Free Pumpkin Sweet Potato and Black Bean Veggie Burger–The patty was topped with sweet potato and black bean spread, lettuce, tomato and sprouts, served with a choice of home fries, soup, or salad. I chose the salad with a Hemp Vinegairette Dressing.
A Few Other Tasty Items on the Menu
- Raw Kale Salad
- Portobello Lasagna
- Semolina Pasta (a recurring special)
- Seitan Enchiladas
- Spicy Chipotle Tofu
- Vegan Gluten-Free Veggie Pancakes
- 20 Ingredient Salad
- Chocolate Mocha Torte
- Avocado, Lemon and Pistachio Pudding
More Reasons to Like Organic Grill
• OG’s motto is “Good Clean Food” and they strive to live up to that standard.
• OG features all-organic food.
• Brunch, Lunch, Dinner Entrees, Salads, Sandwiches, Desserts, Beverages, Shakes, Smoothies, a Kid’s Menu and Daily Specials are served.
• They offer a variety of vegetarian, vegan and macrobiotic staples.
• OG also serves organic eggs, fish and dairy so your non-vegan friends can dine with you there.
• They are committed to promoting organic agriculture.
• OG supports local growers and artisanal food producers whenever possible.
• 99% of their food and drink are prepared using clean, sustainably-raised materials.
• OG’s “Stock your fridge for a week” program provides a variety of bulk, prepared organic foods — enough for a few days’ meals.
• You can also order organic groceries online too at Organic Direct.
• Organic Grill’s Frequent Diner Program rewards you with valuable points for purchases, reward certificates, priority reservation status and a free lunch or dinner entree on your birthday.
123 First Avenue – between 7th Street and St. Marks Place
New York, NY 10003