I always keep blueberries on hand in my kitchen.
Whether I buy fresh, organic blueberries or frozen, blueberries are a dietary staple for me because they are
one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world.
These delectable berries provide fiber, potassium, folate, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrients.
There are so many ways to enjoy blueberries but making a fruit compote is one of my favorites.
Classic compote recipes include large amounts of white sugar, but this version relies on a more modest
amount of real maple syrup for a bit of sweetness.
Although this blueberry maple compote recipe uses fresh blueberries, lemon juice, and cinnamon, feel free to add
any combination of fresh berries, citrus juice, and seasonings to create your own tasty flavor variations.
There are so many ways to enjoy blueberries but making a vegan blueberry maple compote is one of my favorites — and there are so many wonderful ways to use it.
15 Way to Use Your Blueberry Compote
Once you have made your blueberry maple compote, there are so many wonderful ways to use it, including:
1.Top your waffles or pancakes with compote
2. Swirl compote into your yogurt
3. Make frozen yogurt pops with compote
4. Make a layered parfait with compote, yogurt and granola
5. Use compote as filling for a homemade crisp
6. Spoon compote on top of your oatmeal
7. Add compote to your chia oats
8. Spread compote on your toast, coissants or an english muffin
9. Serve with vegan cheesecake
10. Ladle compote on your vegan ice cream
11. Top your pound cake with compote
12. Add to your favorite BBQ sauce and serve with on tofu, tempeh or seitan
13. Fill a crepe with compote
14. Add compote to your smoothie
15. Add a spoonful of compote to your favorite cocktail or mocktail
16. Use compote as a filling for baked fruit turnovers
Classic blueberry compote recipes include large amounts of white sugar, but this lighter, vegan version relies on a more modest amount of real maple syrup for a bit of sweetness.
Vegan Instant Pot Blueberry Maple Compote
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes + time to come to pressure
Makes 3 cups
3 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
¼ c. real maple syrup
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. salt
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot container and stir to combine.
Add the lid and lock into position.
Set the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button.
Adjust the setting to high and select 3 minutes for the cook time.
After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure at this point.
When the cook time has finished, turn the Instant Pot off to prevent scorching.
Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure
by carefully moving the valve to the “Venting” position.
Optional: To thicken the compote, select the “Sauté” function and cook over high heat, stirring constantly,
until excess liquid is reduced.
Turn the Instant Pot off and immediately remove container from the unit to cool.
Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Use your blueberry compote in any of the wonderful ways we listed above!
Have you made blueberry compote?
How do you use it?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.
“PIN & SHARE”